Southern Queensland Country has a wide variety of wedding venues and options available. And for an affordable honeymoon you’ll never forget, why not stay for a romantic getaway in the region?
Ten Creative Southern Queensland Country Wedding Ideas
- Get married with a dramatic flourish onstage at the beautiful and historic Empire Theatre.
- Preston Peak near Toowoomba is a beautiful mountain setting for your dream wedding – hold a ceremony with a spectacular view at Preston Village chapel, with reception at the next-door Manor, and stay the night in a nearby ecoRidge Hideaway chalet.
- Stay in the lovingly converted chapel at Hillview Cottages, Kingaroy, and continue your ceremony all honeymoon.
- Say your vows and celebrate with family and friends amongst the magical fairy lights at the historic Jondaryan Woolshed.
- Celebrate your nuptials at any one of the beautiful wineries and cellar doors in the region – Preston Peak Wines, Captain’s Paddock Vineyard, Symphony Hill Wines or Ballandean Estate, just to name a few!
- For a true blue country wedding, the famous Nindigully Pub caters to all wedding needs.
- Heritage-listed Jimbour House can hold weddings and receptions in its impressive gardens, under a grand marquee, or in the quaint chapel.
- Breathe the crisp, clean air of the picturesque Bunya Mountains as you say your vows in a private wedding gazebo, and celebrate afterwards in the stunning decor of the Camelot Centre.
- The striking red bridges at the Toowoomba Japanese Gardens provide the perfect backdrop for wedding photos.
- Stay overnight or longer in any of the unique and romantic getaways in the region – Vacy Hall Historic Guesthouse, Abbey of the Roses B&B, or enjoy a private escape at Ravensbourne Forest Chalets.