The types of personal information that we collect will depend on the nature of your dealings with us. For example, we may collect personal information directly from you when you:
- Subscribe to a newsletter or register to receive brochures;
- Enter a promotion conducted by SQCT;
- Have business dealings with us.
In each case, we only collect the personal information that we need to carry out our specific functions.
Any personal information collected by SQCT will only be made available to SQCT personnel whose duties require them to use this information. Any personal information collected through this website will also be disclosed if required by law.
If you wish to access or alter any personal information we may have collected about you, you may request such access by contacting us at [email protected].
SQCT utilise a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures and organisational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Some SQCT websites contain links to other sites that are external. SQCT take care in linking web sites but has no direct control over the content of the linked web sites, or to the changes that may occur to the content on those sites. It is the responsibility of the user to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information contained in linked external web sites.
This is a website of SQCT. E-mail correspondence sent to this site is subject to the Right to Information Act 2009 and will be treated as a public record and retained as required by the Public Records Act 2002 and other relevant Acts and regulations.
Your name and address details will not be added to a mailing list without your consent, nor will we disclose these details to third parties without your consent unless required by law. Email messages may be monitored by our website support staff for system troubleshooting and maintenance purposes.
If you have any queries about our privacy and security practices please send an email to [email protected]
The information in this site is provided as a guide only and may have been provided to Southern Queensland Country Tourism (SQCT) by third parties. Irrespective of any measures taken by SQCT to check that the information is accurate or complete, in no event will SQCT be liable to any person in contract, tort (including, but without limitation, negligence) or otherwise if any information on this site is incomplete or inaccurate. All prices are quoted in Australian dollars and include a Goods and Services Tax from 01 July 2000.
© Copyright Tourism Queensland and Southern Queensland Country Tourism 2013. All rights reserved.
Southern Queensland Country Tourism
Terms and Conditions
“Bunya Mountains $500 accommodation voucher”
December 2020 – February 2021
1. The Promoter is: Southern Queensland Country Tourism Ltd (160 194 516) whose registered office is at 147 Herries Street, Toowoomba Qld, 4350.
2. The competition is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or over except employees or contractors of the promoter and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via Facebook.
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. Closing date for entry will be 28 February 2021. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received after this date for whatever reason.
9. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
10. The prize is subject to change due to regulations by government, surrounding COVID-19.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows:
• A $500 voucher to the Bunya Mountains Accommodation Centre
• Prize winner must be aged 18 years or over
• Prize must be used within 12 months of prize acceptance
13. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and the promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. Block out periods may apply around key events and holiday periods with operator.
14. The prize includes only what is specified in the prize package outlined in the terms and conditions and does not include any additional items such as travel insurance, medical insurance or any other insurance, items of a personal nature, in-room charges, telephone or other incidentals or ancillary costs. All such costs are the responsibility of the winner and their travel companion.
15. Winner will be chosen by random draw at 147 Herries Street, Toowoomba Qld, 4350 on 1 March 2021.
16. The winner will be notified by the promoter within 48 hours of the competition closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
17. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
18. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
20. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Australian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
21. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
22. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
23. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Southern Queensland Country Tourism and not to any other party.
24. Southern Queensland Country Tourism’s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
25. Southern Queensland Country Tourism shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
26. Southern Queensland Country Tourism also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
27. The winner accepts their prize at their own risk. To the full extent permitted by law neither Southern Queensland Country Tourism and/or any of their employees, contractors and agents or employees of their contractors and agents, and companies providing major prizes for the promotion, will not be held liable for any liability/ loss/ damage/ expense/ death/ personal injury suffered or incurred or any dispute (including, but not limited to, direct/indirect/consequential loss) arising out of, or in connection with, this promotion, the provision of prizes, use or participation in such prizes or promotion of this competition.
28. The promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
29. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
30. Read and accept the terms and conditions:
• Complete online entry form via the Southern Queensland Country Facebook page
• By submitting an entry into this competition, entrants consent to receive promotional messages from Southern Queensland Country Tourism. Entrants will be abled to opt-out at any time
• Entries must include all requested contact details, including a valid email address, to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name. Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries may be deemed invalid.